Tuesday, November 6, 2007



"I have my life."

What a thought. Is life a possession? Is it a gift given or a gift to give? I am not trying to be profound or confusing. Lately I have wondered about life. What does my life mean? Since I have it, what should I do with it? And why should any of us think we have nothing of value - even if all we have is life, barely breathing?

I never understood what people meant when they said that since Jesus gave His life for us, we should give our lives to Him. I think I want to give my life to Him. Do you know why? Think of this: What if you live longer than He ever lived? He was the Son of God with a purpose from the Father. But for me to live longer and on my own agenda? What a skewed balance. It does not seem right to me. I can't stop all of these thoughts. Because I want Him to have my life, but not with my fake allegiance and fake surrender to Him.

The picture above represents the place where I am going to live in the near future. I don't know if I would be there except for Him. But I just think - is that giving Him my life? What is giving life and what does that encompass? Lord, help us to know your heart.

No comments: